2014年12月14日星期日

Final Summary

Written by Joey Wang


When asked to pick up a platform for our essays, the first choice came to my mind is LinkedIn, as it is my most familiar one with many of my professional connections there. So I thought that my essays might gain some valuable comments from them. However, LinkedIn will not allow users to write long blogs until reaching a proper level while I failed to fulfill the level. Finally I just turned to choose Blogger as my friends around me are all using it.

In order to make my essays more eye-catching, I created all titles as questions such as “Will Apple Pay Threaten The Status of AliPay in China?”, “Can E-commercialization of Paper Media Be Successful?” and “Will Wechat Contacts Grab Chinese Mobile Operators’ Market?”, which may inspire readers’ interests and thoughts and make them more willing to read my insights. At the same time, such questions also help encourage readers to present their own thoughts and interactions as well as discussions may occur. Besides, every essay has relevant picture I picked to match with the main idea, which also helps attract readers and make them better understand what I am talking about.

As I am a newcomer of Blogger who has no connections with anyone, raising the attention of others became one of the most significant tasks. Therefore, every time I finished one piece of essay, I would like to share the link through Wechat Moments to my friends and ask them to have a look at the topic I discussed about if they are interested. I will make a brief introduction of the issue I focused on this time, putting forward my own opinion and invite them to give their own ideas. At last, my Blogger gained 521 page views totally with the visitors from 9 different countries and districts such as Hong Kong, America, France, Mainland China, Japan, Taiwan, Canada, Britain and Macau, which surprised me very much. And 58% of them viewed my Blogger through the link I shared on the Wechat Moment, showing that such a sharing is helpful. Thus, it also proves the influence of social media.

Even so, there are also some limitations of my promotion this time. The expected heated debate and interactions failed to achieve because every comment from my friends is about praising the structure, the topic as well as the so-called “insightful thoughts” and nobody would like to present their own critical ideas of the topic I mentioned. Maybe it is because that what I talked about is still not attractive enough or not insightful enough, which should be optimized in the future!


没有评论:

发表评论